Prof. Alphonse Taghian
- He is now the Director of Breast Radiation Oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Radiation Oncology at Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. Taghian has published more than 140 peer reviewed articles, general reviews and chapters. He has edited a book on the multidisciplinary approach in the treatment of breast cancer.
- He has been awarded several NIH grants for research totaling around $2.7 Million for research in breast cancer and lymphedema.
- He is internationally recognized leader in breast radiation oncology in particular in the field of Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI).
- His main interest includes ways to avoid cardiac exposure to radiation, APBI, post-mastectomy radiation and screening & early intervention for lymphedema.