• Professor of Radiology and Medical Imaging, University of Virginia Health System - Charlottesville, Virginia
• Vice-Chair of Education and Faculty Development
• Dr. Harvey has been the head of the Division of Breast Imaging at UVA since 1994, and director or co-director of the UVA Breast Program since 2000. She is a fellow of the Society of Breast Imaging and the American College of Radiology.
• Her review article on breast density in 2004 (over 300 citations) is considered a landmark article by many, as breast density was not well known to be a risk factor by radiologists at the time.
• More recently she served as the lead PI on a CDMRP grant and collaborated with a team to build a breast cancer risk model that incorporated breast density as a factor. The study was highly successful and found that breast density was a stronger predictor of breast cancer risk than epidemiologic risk factors using the Tyrer-Cuzick model. Density is now included in that model due to her work. The goal is to further develop this model to better predict breast cancer risk.
• In addition to her research work, Dr. Harvey has also authored the well-reviewed book entitled, “Making the Diagnosis: A Practical Approach to Breast Imaging,” which has become a staple for resident and fellowship training programs and has been translated into 4 languages.
2016 Harvard Emerging Leaders Seminar, Radiology Leadership Institute, Virginia Chapter of the American College of Radiology Scholarship
2011-2018 Best Doctors in America List